Qualifying for a Rental Unit
APCHA has two types of rentals, APCHA managed rentals and privately managed rentals. Before qualifying you must be offered a unit first. For any APCHA managed property, the availability is posted on the website on the available units page and priority is given to individuals with the longest work history in Pitkin County full time. Privately managed properties, while not managed by APCHA you still must qualify through APCHA. To be offered a privately managed unit you must contact the property manger directly (you can find a list of contact information on the right hand side).You must be offered a unit first before getting qualified through APCHA. Once offered a unit you will then complete the application online on HomeTrek. For instructions on how to complete the application online, CLICK HERE.
- Find an available rental unit.
- Be offered the unit.
- Complete a Rental Application HomeTrek
- The rental application can be started when you click on Rent/Apply, Rent a Unit, and then navigate to the Non-APCHA managed page. You will need to know the property name and unit address. For questions please contact the help desk line.
- If you prefer not to complete the application online, please email a staff member (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the paper version of the application.
- Requirements to Qualify:
- Once qualification is approved, contact property manager for next steps.