Qualifying for a Rental Unit
In relation to APCHA and rental units there are two options; APCHA managed rentals and privately managed rentals. When an APCHA managed rental unit is available it will posted on the website for people to submit their interest. APCHA managed rentals to given to individuals with the longest work history in Pitkin County. For privately managed rentals it's first come first serve and no work history is required. You must be offered a unit before filling out any kind of APCHA paperwork. Find the contact list to the privately managed rentals in the qualifying documents (Private Rental Properties Info).
- Find an available rental unit.
- Be offered the unit.
- Complete a Ownership & Long-Term Rental Qualification Packet (PDF)
- Complete form electronically then print. Do not email Qualification Packets to APCHA staff, they will not be accepted.
- Requirements to Qualify:
- Submit completed Long-Term Rental Qualification Packet, with supporting documents to APCHA offices prior to signing the lease or moving in.
- Packets submitted without all supporting documents are incomplete and will not be accepted by APCHA staff.
- Once qualification is approved, contact property manager for next steps.