Qualifying for an Ownership Unit
- Complete an Ownership Qualification Packet (PDF).
- Complete form electronically then print. Do not email Qualification Packets to APCHA staff, they will not be accepted.
- Requirements to Qualify:
- Meet basic eligibility requirements, and
- Review and complete the quiz for An Introduction to Community Association Living (PDF).
- Submit completed Ownership Qualification Packet, with supporting documents to APCHA offices.
- Packets submitted without all supporting documents are incomplete and will not be accepted by APCHA staff.
- Beginning February 1, 2018, applicants must complete an APCHA-approved homebuyer education course.
- Provide property specific documents if needed:
Once qualified, applicants are eligible to participate in the ownership lottery or purchase a deed restricted unit not sold through APCHA (i.e. RO properties (PDF)).
Resident Occupied (RO)
Qualification requirements may vary for Resident Occupied (RO) units depending on the property, RO properties (PDF). Some are required to be sold through APCHA, while others may be sold by a third party. Any potential buyer of an RO unit is still required to complete an Ownership Qualification Packet (PDF).
A handful of employers in Pitkin County own units to sell or rent exclusively to their full-time employees. To purchase an Employer-Owned unit, prospective buyers must meet all the basic eligibility requirements and be employed by the owner of the unit.
- If you believe you qualify to purchase an employee owned unit, contact us for unit specific requirements.
- If you are a Pitkin County employer that would like to purchase an ownership unit to house your employees, contact us.